When it comes to polishing stainless steel, we do it best.
Whether it’s your material, or material we source for you, we provide any and all finishes on stainless steel and stainless steel duplex alloys, stainless steel clad, Inconel and Hasteloy, to name just a few.
Whatever your finish needs, trust us to exceed your expectations.
We can provide all required finishes up to and including a 5 Ra maximum #7 PLUS “dull mirror” or “pre-buff”.
Plate Polishing Capabilities
- Thickness‘ from .179″ up to 10″
- Up to 14 feet wide and up to 46 feet maximum length
- One or both sides polishing
We can provide ANY specific Ra or grit finish – as fine as a 5 Ra dull mirror
We GUARANTEE not to exceed the maximum Ra required in any spot.
- #3 60 Ra Max., Course satin appearance with parcel grain. “50 to 80 Grit”
- #4 Architectural; 45 Ra Max., Refined and uniform satin appearance suitable for Ornamental Applications
- #4 Process Surface; 30 Ra Max., Further refined “tighter-grain” appearance universally acceptable for process equipment systems and tanking wet surfaces. Meets most “dairy” and “Sanitary” application requirements. (See above Pit-free notation)
- #6 Simulated-2B; 20 Ra Max., Fine grain satin appearance. Grain similar in surface roughness to 2B sheet. Chosen for minimized surface friction in powder and silo applications among others
- #7 & #7 Plus; 9 or 5 Ra Max., Ultra fine highly reflective fine grain satin. Often used where mirror finishes are called for in non-ornamental applications as more cost effective.
All polished finishes include 100% of the HRAP surface “scale” removed to clean “parent” metal but not 100% Pit-free unless specifically requested. All finishes quoted as Maximum Ra taken in any spot. Never averaged.
- Guaranteed sanitary/pit and crevice-free polishing available in any size, thickness or finish
- All of our finishes are capable of being produced on any size plate, one or both sides
- Surface prep refining for non-destructive testing
- Short (Skip) and longer (Long) grain appearance choices
- Continuous grain (Drag) finish
- Up to 40,000 lb overhead cranes, 22 feet under hook
- Carbon-free material handling equipment to accommodate all loading and manipulation
Additional Polishing Services
Cut Shape Compatibility
Send your material pre-cut & drilled
- Shapes, Diameters, Half diameters up to 14 feet maximum
- Irregular shapes
- Pre-machined shapes
- Pre-beveled edges
- Pre-drilled + pre-perforated – call us to discuss
Many customers like the idea of delivering a plate “kit” to the fabricator: for example, for materials, cut, drilled, and polished.
Your customer receives ready to build materials.
Polished and ready for fit up! We sequence, polish, pack and ship direct for you.
Shape and Part Nesting Program
Nest your parts into the Largest plate made.
We’ll apply the exact finish and protect for laser or water jet cutting after polishing. Great economics are the result. Large irregular shapes made polishable and any cutting method acceptable.
Packaging and Protection
Standard and Optional Packaging and Protection Options
- Standard Fluted cardboard interleaving
- Standard 5mil white laser PE film
- Standard “Caution Polished Material” warning labels
- Skidding and crating as appropriate
- Van / common carrier durable, high impact packaging
- Special packaging and custom skidding available as needed